General IEC 60068 Environmental Testing
IEC 60068 provides tests designed to assess the ability of specimens under expected environmental conditions of storage, transportation and all aspects of operational uses. The purpose of IEC 60068 is to provide a series of reproducible methods of testing with standard atmospheric conditions.
These standard environmental IEC test methods are primarily designed to provide information on two specific properties of test items:
- The ability to operate within specified limits of temperature, pressure, humidity, mechanical stress and other environmental conditions. This includes combinations of these conditions.
- The ability to withstand conditions of transportation and storage.
As a certified environmental lab, we realize the importance of IEC 60068 testing. Meeting the environmental IEC requirements can be difficult. We understand the challenges and guide companies through the process. Keystone takes pride in providing the peace of mind that all of your needs will be met.
IEC 60068 Test Methods
The families of tests comprising Part 2 of this standard are listed below:
- IEC 60068-2-1 Cold Temperature
- IEC 60068-2-2 Dry Heat Temperature
- IEC 60068-2-6 Vibration
- IEC 60068-2-11 Salt Mist
- IEC 60068-2-13 Low Air Pressure
- IEC 60068-2-14 Change of Temperature
- IEC 60068-2-18 Water Ingress
- IEC 60068-2-27 Shock
- IEC 60068-2-30 Damp Heat
- IEC 60068-2-31 Rough Handling Shock
- IEC 60068-2-38 Temperature/Humidity Cycling
- IEC 60068-2-52 Salt Mist
- IEC 60068-2-64 Random Vibration
- IEC 60068-2-75 Hammer Shock
Expert IEC 60068 Compliance Testing
Ready to get started? We are. Contact us to see why so many companies work with us to achieve their environmental standard testing needs. Request a quote to learn why we are one of the fastest-growing compliance test labs in the country.