Shock Testing Capabilities at Keystone Compliance
Keystone Compliance offers shock testing on our electrodynamic shakers as well as through the use of our pneumatic shock machine. Additionally, Keystone Compliance possesses the necessary equipment to produce and analyze Shock Response Spectrum (SRS) shock events. The latest revisions of many federal and military specifications are requiring, or offering, shock response spectrum as an alternative to typical classical shock testing.
Our equipment is capable of delivering shock pulses up to 3,000 Gs. Shock testing on our electrodynamic shakers can be performed during vibration testing, prior to axis rotation, greatly reducing test time. Our staff has over twenty years of experience in the performance of SRS shock. Elaborate SRS shock profiles are a specialty at Keystone Compliance.
Shock Testing Lab Equipment at Keystone Compliance
LDS V810 4,000 force pound electrodynamic shaker Spectral Dynamics 26,000 force pound electrodynamic shaker Avco SM-110 Pneumatic Shock Machine Dornier (custom) shock table
Shock Testing Overview
Shock tests, per MIL-STD 810 Method 516, are performed to assure that material can withstand the relatively infrequent non-repetitive shocks or transient vibrations encountered in handling, transportation and service environments. Shock tests are also used to measure an item’s fragility, so that packaging may be designed to protect it, if necessary, and to test the strength of devices that attach equipment to platforms that can crash.
Mechanical shocks will excite an equipment item to respond at both forced and natural frequencies. This response, among other things, can cause:
- Failures due to increased or decreased friction, or interference between parts.
- Changes in dielectric strength, loss of insulation resistance, vibrations in magnetic and electrostatic field strength.
- Permanent deformation due to overstress.
- More rapid fatiguing of materials (low cycle fatigue)
Expert Shock Compliance Testing
Shock testing is just one of the dynamics testing services we offer and our lab is fully equipped with the necessary equipment. Keystone Compliance has extensive shock test experience.
Please contact us for more information on how we can assist you with your shock test needs. Ready to get started? We are. Request a quote to see why so many companies work with us to achieve their environmental standard testing needs.
Shock Testing Specifications
- AREMA Section 11.5.1 Shock
- EN 61373 Section 10.0 Pyroshock
- EN 50155 Railway Electronic Equipment Shock Testing
- IEC 60068-2-27 Shock Testing
- IEC 60068-2-31 Rough Handling Shock Testing
- IEC 60601-1-11
- MIL-STD-202 Method 213 Specified Pulse Shock Testing
- MIL-STD 750 Method 2016 Shock
- MIL-STD 810 Method 516 Shock
- MIL-STD-1344 Section 2004 Pyroshock
- RTCA/DO-160 Section 7.0 Operational Shock