IEC 62368 Product Safety Testing of Communication Technology
IEC 62368 testing applies to the safety of electrical equipment. As a leader in IEC 62368 product safety regulatory compliance testing, Keystone Compliance assists electronic equipment manufacturers with IEC standard testing. Meeting the IEC product safety testing requirements can be challenging. Not only do we understand the challenges, but we help guide companies through the process.
Keystone Compliance tailors each test plan to individual customer needs minimizing unnecessary costs and over-testing. Our expert test engineers work with clients to quickly develop appropriate and concise test plans. We have a reputation for helping customers achieve their product safety certifications. Keystone Compliance’s accurate test reports are delivered quickly using our “four-eyes” approach. Meaning that multiple engineers and technicians review each report, ensuring that all the information required is present.
Request a quote to see why we are one of the fastest-growing IEC testing labs in the country. Ready to get started? We are. Contact us to see why so many companies work with us to achieve their IEC 62368 testing needs.
Summary of IEC 62368 Product Safety Testing
IEC 62368 describes the safety requirements of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information, communication technology. The IEC test applies to rated voltages not exceeding 600 V. However, the IEC 62368 document does not include requirements for performance or functional characteristics equipment.
IEC 62368 applies to:
- Components and subassemblies intended for incorporation in this equipment. These components do not need to comply with every requirement of this document, provided that the complete equipment incorporating this equipment does comply.
- External power supply units intended to supply other equipment within the scope of the IEC 62368 document.
- Accessories intended to be used with equipment within the scope of IEC 62368.
- Large equipment installed in restricted access areas. For equipment having large machinery aspects, additional requirements will apply.
- Equipment to be used in tropical regions.
Requirements for audio/video, information, and communication technology equipment intended to be installed in an outdoor location are also included in IEC 62368. Each installation may have particular requirements. In addition, requirements for the protection of outdoor equipment against the effects of direct sunlight strikes are not covered by this IEC electromagnetic compatibility document.
Internal and external components and subassemblies that comply with IEC 60950 or IEC 60065 are acceptable as part of the equipment covered by this document.
Lastly, IEC 62368 does not address:
- Manufacturing processes except for routine tests.
- Injurious effects of gases released by thermal decomposition or combustion.
- Disposal processes.
- Effects of transport.
- Effects of storage materials, components, or the equipment itself.
- The likelihood of injury from particulate radiation such as alpha and beta particles.
- The likelihood of thermal injury due to radiated or convected thermal energy.
- The likelihood of injury due to flammable liquids.
- The use of the equipment in oxygen-enriched or explosive atmospheres.
- Electrostatic discharge events.
- Exposure to electromagnetic fields.
- Environmental aspects.
- Requirements for functional safety, except for those related to work cells.
Expert IEC 62368 Laboratory Compliance Testing Services
Keystone has a full lab of test equipment which permits us to provide short lead times on scheduling. Our team strives to give our customers more time and energy on product development instead of testing. In addition to IEC 62368 testing, Keystone has a full scope of expertise including environmental and package testing such as ingress protection, cold chain, and temperature.