ISTA 6 Amazon SIPP (Ships in Product Packaging) Testing Overview for E-Commerce
SIPP (Ships in Product Packaging) is a standard developed to ensure that products are adequately protected and can withstand the typical transportation hazards encountered from the supplier to the e-commerce platform and ultimately to the customer.
This approach focuses on using the product’s own packaging as the shipping container, aiming to reduce excess packaging and improve environmental sustainability.
There are six distinct standards for SIPP, each tailored to different product characteristics like weight, size, and delivery method.
Here’s a breakdown of the six SIPP standards, each with a detailed overview of their specific requirements:
- Type A – For parcel delivery of individual packaged-products weighing less than 50 lb. (23 kg).
- Type B – For parcel delivery of individual packaged-products weighing between 50 lb. (23 kg) and less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type C – For parcel delivery of packaged-products weighing 100 lb. (43 kg) or more.
- Type D – For LTL (Less Than Truckload) delivery of individual packaged-products weighing less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type E – For LTL delivery of individual packaged-products weighing 100 lb. (43 kg) or more.
- Type F – For LTL delivery of individual palletized packaged-products.
- Type G – For parcel delivery of individually packaged TVs and monitors that weigh less than 150 pounds
- Type H – For LTL Delivery of Individual Packaged TV/Monitor Greater Than 150 pounds (68 kg) or Greater Than 165 inches
E-commerce platforms encourage vendors who ship products using the SIPP method to adhere to these standards to ensure packaging durability and performance. This reduces the likelihood of damages and returns, enhancing customer satisfaction.
Expert SIPP Testing Laboratory Services
As an expert in e-commerce package testing and ISTA-certified lab, Keystone Compliance can meet all of your SIPP package testing needs. We specialize in ensuring that your product packaging meets the rigorous standards required for safe and efficient delivery. Reach out to us today for a SIPP package testing quote.
For additional resources on SIPP testing, including a free test-type calculator to help determine the most suitable test type for your product, visit our APASS Lab website. Our goal is to assist you in selecting the perfect test to guarantee your product arrives in excellent condition, providing a positive unboxing experience for your customers.
Request a quote to see why so many companies partner with Keystone Compliance. Have a question about Amazon Ships in Product Packaging (SIPP) testing? Contact us and we will determine the best course of action.
For more information on SIPP testing, follow the corresponding links: