|Icing & Freezing Rain|
|Wind & Rain|
Temperature Test Capabilities at Keystone Compliance
Keystone Compliance offers temperature testing and temperature & humidity testing in chambers ranging from small bench top to large drive-in systems. Our largest chamber has inside dimensions of 12’ wide x 15’ long x 10’ tall and an 8’ x 9’ door. However, we have created custom oversized temperature chambers to accommodate much larger devices including cars, drones and large pieces of machinery. If you have a large unit, we can likely find a way to test it. Keystone Compliance is capable of moving, installing, and testing multiple rack assemblies. Our other large walk in temperature test chamber is equipped with twin 30 hp compressors and is capable of temperature transition rates exceeding 15 degrees Celsius per minute. This chamber permits temperature cycling testing on large items with aggressive transition times.
Temperature Test Lab Equipment at Keystone Compliance
We realize that temperature and temperature/humidity tests are the longest running tests in your testing program and we understand the importance of reliability of environmental chambers. No one ever wants to have a temperature test chamber malfunction on the 29th day of a 30 day test program. With our investment into new and up to date equipment, Keystone Compliance has done everything possible to reduce the risk to your temperature testing program including a temperature cycle test.
Keystone Compliance operates a number of different temperature and temperature/humidity test chambers. Chambers range in size from small bench top to large drive in systems. Temperature cycle test capabilities range from low temperature testing of -200 to high temperature testing to +500 degrees Celsius.
Keystone Compliance is capable of building customized temperature cycle testing chambers as needed to accomplish any environmental test parameters.
Temperature Testing Overview
Temperature testing, per MIL-STD 810 Methods 501.4, 502.4 and 503.4, tests an item’s ability to operate in extreme conditions. The testing can occur at a constant temperature exposure or a cyclic temperature exposure.
Constant temperature exposure
For constant temperature exposure, the test item is soaked until its temperature has stabilized and the test temperature is maintained for at least two hours following stabilization.
Cyclic Temperature Exposure
Cyclic temperature exposure has two procedures:
Procedure I – Storage. MIL-STD 810 states that the number of cycles for the storage test is set at a minimum of seven to coincide with the one percent frequency of occurrence of the hours of extreme temperatures during the most severe month in an average year at the most severe location. (The maximum temperature occurs for approximately one hour in each cycle.) When considering extended storage, critical materials, or materials determined to be very sensitive to high temperature, increase the number of cycles to assure the design requirements are met.
Procedure II – Operation. MIL-STD 810 states that the minimum number of cycles for the operational exposure test is three. This number is normally sufficient for the test item to reach its maximum response temperature. A maximum of seven cycles is suggested when repeated temperature response is difficult to obtain.
Keystone Compliance is a temperature testing lab with significant experience with low temperature testing and high temperature testing. Contact us to discuss how we can help you meet your temperature test requirements.
Temperature Testing Specifications
- AREMA Section 11.5.1 Temperature Test
- EN 50155 Section 2.1 Ambient Temperature Test
- EN 60068-2-1 Cold Temperature Test
- EN 60068-2-2 Dry Heat Test
- EN 60068-2-30 Damp Heat Test
- MIL-STD-202 Method 103 Humidity Test (steady state)
- MIL-STD-202 Method 106 Moisture Resistance Test
- MIL-STD-202 Method 108 Life (at elevated ambient temperature)
- MIL-STD-810 Method 501.4 High Temperature Test
- MIL-STD-810 Method 502.4 Low Temperature Test
- MIL-STD-810 Method 503.4 Temperature Shock Test
- MIL-STD-810 Method 507.4 Humidity Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1004 Moisture Resistance Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1005 Steady State Life Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1006 Intermittent Life Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1007 Agree Life Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1008 Stabilization Bake Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1010 Temperature Cycling Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1012 Thermal Characteristics Test
- MIL-STD-883 Method 1013 Dew Point Test
- MIL-STD-1344 Method 1002 Humidity Testing
- MIL-STD-1344 Method 1003 Temperature Cycling Testing
- MIL-STD-1344 Method 1005 Temperature Life Testing
- RTCA-DO 160 Section 5 Temperature Variation Testing
- RTCA-DO 160 Section 6 Humidity Testing