Keystone Compliance has developed a strong reputation as a leader in military and aerospace compliance testing. Having invested millions of dollars in test chambers and equipment, the EMC and environmental laboratories can accommodate large engine operating devices down to components and subcomponents.
Keystone Compliance is different from other testing labs because we have the creativity and engineering ability to address customized requirements. Examples of customizations include:
- The creation of waveforms to meet highly-specific lightning and surge test requirements.
- The construction of a 600-gallon immersion tank that required a specific saline concentration and a constant cold temperature.
- The implementation of an exhaust system to dissipate heat and exhaust from engine operating devices within EMC chambers.
- Fabrication and installation of bulk head plates that permit a wide range of signals to be measured for shielding effectiveness testing.
The EMC lab has the equipment and expertise to address most of the requirements detailed in MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD 464 and RTCA/DO 160 as well as many other military specs. Measurement capabilities include:
- Radiated immunity testing up to 200 V/m from 10 kHz to 18 GHz
- Radiated emissions testing up to 40 GHz
- Surge testing to 10kV/10kA – and higher
- ESD testing up to 30 kV
- Conducted immunity testing to levels well above the highest defined “standard” levels
- Magnetic field immunity testing up to 100 A/m continuous and 1000 A/m short/impulse
- Customized transient waveforms to extend level, duration and/or repetition of the standard’s definition
- Shielding Effectiveness – from small panels and boxes all the way up to large enclosures and cabling, with wide dynamic range all the way to 18 GHz
The environmental lab includes three shakers, two walk-in and six reach-in temperature and humidity chambers, two thermal shock chambers, a large salt-fog chamber, pneumatic shock machine, altitude chamber, dust chamber, immersion tanks, MIL-STD 810 drip pan, IP Code spray nozzles and solar radiation equipment. For more information on specifics of this equipment, please visit our Climatics Equipment and Dynamics Equipment pages.
Keystone Compliance assists military and aerospace manufacturers with EMC and environmental compliance. Please contact us for more information on how Keystone Compliance can assist you with identifying and fulfilling your needs.