WalMart Black Friday
Keystone Compliance is one of a select few labs in the country authorized to perform ISTA 3E testing for Wal-Mart vendors. Wal-Mart has released guidelines and requirements for POP Displays that will be used during their Black Friday promotions, including a mandate that ISTA Procedure 3E testing be performed with a pass result.
ISTA Procedure 3E includes the following test methods:
- Random vibration
- Shock testing
- Compression testing
Wal-Mart’s 3E Pass/Fail Guidelines
- Damage to the product is not acceptable.
- Structures will be rejected if product damage occurs during the testing process.
- Product damage consists of dents, scuffs, punctures, rips, crushing or distortions of the product itself.
Primary Product Packaging Damage
- Small scuffs or dents to primary product packaging will be accepted but damage that fully punctures primary product packaging, or damage that is significant enough to distract and/or deter the consumer from purchasing the product, will be rejected.
POP Display Damage
- Some minimal damage to displays is anticipated during testing. However, displays must:
- Be capable of arriving at the retail floor.
- Remain intact, free standing, and upright.
- Hold intended product / quantities.
- Display the product in the manner originally intended for the display.
- Not pose a safety threat to consumers.
Keystone Compliance can meet your ISTA 3E and the Wal-Mart Black Friday package testing needs. Contact us today to learn how we can assist with your package testing needs.
For more information on packaging testing, please click the following links: