ISTA 2C Package Testing
ISTA 2C package testing determines the integrity of furniture packaged-products for shipment. As an ISTA and ISO 17025 certified lab, we realize the importance of ISTA 2C integrity testing. Meeting the ISTA 2C testing requirements can be difficult. We understand the challenges and guide companies through the process.
Keystone Compliance takes a consultative approach throughout the entire test program. Our proven process helps avoid product launch delays. Keystone partners with customers to achieve package compliance. Lastly, Keystone provides the peace of mind that all of your needs will be met.
Summary of ISTA 2C Package Integrity Testing
ISTA Test Procedure 2C is a partial simulation test for individual packaged furniture products, also known as case goods. Although the traditional furniture definition of case goods is for hard goods and not upholstered furniture, it can be used for any furniture transported in a container.
For ISTA 2C, the shipper must determine the following prior to testing:
- What constitutes damage to the product and
- What damage tolerance level is allowable, if any, and
- The correct methodology to determine product condition at the conclusion of the tests and
- The acceptable package condition at the conclusion of the test.
The ISTA 2C test blocks that follow contain tables that indicate the required steps for each test in the procedure.
- Temperature and Humidity Test Block-Temperature and Humidity.
- Vibration under Dynamic Load Test Block- Dynamic Load and Random.
- Shock Test Block-Shock.
- Shock Test Block A- Drop.
- Shock Test Block B- Impact.
- Shock Test Block C- Impact.
- Shock Test Block D- Impact.
The chart below is from ISTA 2C the standard and provides more guidance on the testing procedure and requirements:
For ISTA Certification
Temperature and Humidity
Controlled Temperature and Humidity
Under Dynamic Load Random
Drop/Exception One and Two Incline (Conbur)/ Alternative Horizontal Impact
Expert ISTA 2C Transit and Package Testing
As an ISTA-certified package testing lab, Keystone Compliance can meet your package testing needs, including ISTA 2C. By providing quick turnarounds, competitive pricing and engineering assistance, Keystone Compliance has become a leader in the package test lab industry.
Receiving a quote to complete ISTA-2C testing is as easy as completing our online quote form or calling us at (724) 657-9940.