ISTA 1D is an integrity test that covers the testing of individual packaged products weighing 150 pounds (68 kg) or more when prepared for shipment. The test procedure calls for a battery of tests including:
- Atmospheric Measurement Test Block-Temperature and Humidity.
- Compression Conditioning Block- Compression.
- Vibration Test Block-Fixed Displacement.
- Shock Test Block-Drop or Impact.
- Impact and Rotational Drop.
When properly applied, ISTA 1D will provide tangible benefits of:
- Shortened packaged development time and confidence in product launch.
- Protection of products and profits with reduced damage and product loss.
- Economically-balanced distribution costs.
- Customer satisfaction and continued business.
The chart below is from the standard and provides more guidance on the testing procedure and requirements:
|Sequence #||Test Category||Test Type||For ISTA Certification|
|1||Compression Conditioning||Machine or Static||Required|
|2||Vibration||Fixed Displacement/ Alternative Random||Required|
|3||Shock||Drop/Alternative Incline (conbur)/ Alternative horizontal impact||Required|
|4||Shock||Rotational Edge Drop||Required when not testing face 1|
As an ISTA-certified package testing lab, Keystone Compliance can meet your package testing needs, including ISTA 1D. By providing quick turnarounds, competitive pricing and engineering assistance, Keystone Compliance has become a leader in the package test lab industry. Receiving a quote to complete ISTA-1D testing is as easy as completing our online quote form or calling us at (724) 657-9940.