ISTA 1D Package Testing
ISTA 1D testing is an extended procedure that determines the integrity of individual packaged products. As an ISTA and ISO 17025 certified lab, we realize the importance of ISTA 1D package testing. Meeting the ISTA 1D requirements can be difficult. We understand the challenges and guide companies through the process.
Keystone Compliance quickly delivers accurate and comprehensive test reports shortly after completion of the testing. We are in constant communication throughout the test process. Keystone takes a consultative approach throughout the entire test program.
Summary of ISTA 1D Package Integrity Testing
ISTA 1D is an integrity test that covers the testing of individual packaged products weighing 150 pounds (68 kg) or more when prepared for shipment. The test procedure calls for a battery of tests including:
- Atmospheric Measurement Test Block-Temperature and Humidity.
- Compression Conditioning Block- Compression.
- Vibration Test Block-Fixed Displacement.
- Shock Test Block-Drop or Impact.
- Impact and Rotational Drop.
When properly applied, ISTA 1D will provide tangible benefits. These include:
- Shortened packaged development time and confidence in product launch.
- Protection of products and profits with reduced damage and product loss.
- Economically-balanced distribution costs.
- Customer satisfaction and continued business.
The chart below is from the standard and provides more guidance on the testing procedure and requirements:
For ISTA Certification
Machine or Static
Fixed Displacement/ Alternative Random
Drop/Alternative Incline (conbur)/ Alternative horizontal impact
Rotational Edge Drop
Required when not testing face 1
Expert ISTA 1D Package Integrity Testing
As an ISTA-certified package testing lab, Keystone Compliance can meet your package testing needs, including ISTA 1D. By providing quick turnarounds, competitive pricing and engineering assistance, Keystone Compliance has become a leader in the package test lab industry.
Receiving a quote to complete ISTA-1D testing is as easy as completing our online quote form or calling us at (724) 657-9940.