Amazon SIOC Overview
ISTA 6-Amazon.com-SIOC is a standard developed to challenge the package and product to withstand transportation hazards that are typically encountered during transportation and handling of products from the vendor to Amazon.com and to the customer. There are six individual standards for the Ships In Own Container packages. The standards are based on weight, size and delivery method.
Below is a list of the six different Amazon SIOC (Ships In Own Container) standards with links to an overview of each of their requirements.
- Type A is for parcel delivery of individual packaged-products less than 50 lb. (23 kg).
- Type B is for parcel delivery of individual packaged-products 50 lb. (23 kg) to less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type C is for parcel delivery packaged-products 100 lb. (43 kg) or greater.
- Type D is for LTL delivery of individual packaged-products less than 100 lb. (43 kg).
- Type E is for LTL delivery of individual packaged-products 100 lb. (43 kg) or greater.
- Type F is for LTL delivery of individual palletized packaged-products.
Amazon.com encourages its vendors who ship products in their own containers to test to ISTA 6-Amazon.com-SIOC to understand the durability and performance of their packaging so as to reduce damages and returns. As an ISTA-certified lab and expert in Amazon.com package testing, Keystone Compliance can meet all of your Amazon SIOC package testing needs. Contact us today for an Amazon package testing quote.