IEC 61439-1 Testing
Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 1: General rules
IEC 61439-1 Abstract:
IEC 61439 1 and EN 614319 1 testing lays down the definitions and states the service conditions, construction requirements, technical characteristics and verification requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies. This standard cannot be used alone to specify an assembly or used for a purpose of determining conformity. Assemblies shall comply with the relevant part of the IEC 61439 series; Parts 2 onwards.
IEC 61439-1 applies to low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies (assemblies) only when required by the relevant assembly standard as follows:
- Assemblies for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1000 V in case of A.C. or 1500 V in case of D.C.;
- Stationary or movable assemblies with or without enclosure;
- Assemblies intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- Assemblies designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
- Assemblies designed for electrical equipment of machines provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with.
Keystone Compliance assists manufacturers with IEC 61439-1 and EN 61439-1 test compliance. Please contact us for more information on how Keystone Compliance can assist you with identifying and fulfilling your IEC 61439-1 test lab needs.
IEC 61439-2 Power switchgear and controlgear assemblies
IEC 61439-3 Distribution boards intended to be operated by ordinary persons (DBO)
IEC 61439-4 assemblies for construction sites (ACS)
IEC 61439-5 Assemblies for power distribution in public networks
IEC 61439-6 Busbar trunking systems (busways)
IEC 61439-7 Assemblies for specific applications such as marinas, camping sites, market squares, electric vehicles charging stations