IEC 61439-1 Testing
Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies – Part 1: General rules
IEC 61439-1 Abstract:
IEC 61439 1 and EN 614319 1 testing lays down the definitions and states the service conditions, construction requirements, technical characteristics, and verification requirements for low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies. This standard cannot be used alone to specify an assembly or used to determine conformity. Assemblies shall comply with the relevant part of the IEC 61439 series; Parts 2 onwards.
IEC 61439-1 applies to low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies (assemblies) only when required by the relevant assembly standard as follows:
- Assemblies for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1000 V in case of A.C. or 1500 V in case of D.C.;
- Stationary or movable assemblies with or without enclosure;
- Assemblies intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution, and conversion of electric energy, and the control of electric energy-consuming equipment;
- Assemblies designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
- Assemblies designed for electrical equipment of machines provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with.
Keystone Compliance assists manufacturers with IEC 61439-1 and EN 61439-1 test compliance. Please contact us for more information on how Keystone Compliance can assist you with identifying and fulfilling your IEC 61439-1 test lab needs.
IEC 61439-2 Power switchgear and control gear assemblies
IEC 61439-3 Distribution boards intended to be operated by ordinary persons (DBO)
IEC 61439-4 assemblies for construction sites (ACS)
IEC 61439-5 Assemblies for power distribution in public networks
IEC 61439-6 Busbar trunking systems (busways)
IEC 61439-7 Assemblies for specific applications such as marinas, camping sites, market squares, electric vehicle charging stations