IEC 60601-2-46 Operating Tables Testing
Medical electrical equipment – Part 2-46: the basic safety and essential performance of operating tables
IEC 60601-2-46 Scope:
IEC 60601 2 46 and EN 60601 2 46 and testing specifies safety requirements for operating tables, whether or not having electrical parts, including transporters, used for the transportation of the operating table top to or from the base or pedestal of an operating table with detachable operating table top.
EN 60601-2-45 testing does not apply to
- Dental patient chairs;
- Examination chairs and couches;
- Patient-supporting systems of diagnostic and therapeutic devices; (see IEC 60601-2-43)
- Operating table heating blankets; (see IEC 80601-2-35)
- Patient transfer equipment;
- Delivery tables and beds;
- Medical beds; (see IEC 60601-2-52)
- Field tables.
If operating tables will be used in combination with diagnostic and/or therapeutic devices the relevant requirements of each related particular standard are also applicable.
Keystone Compliance assists manufacturers with IEC 60601-2-46 and EN 60601-2-46 test compliance. Please contact us for more information on how Keystone Compliance can assist you with identifying and fulfilling your IEC 60601-2-46 test lab needs.