EN 60601-2-1 Electron Accelerator Testing
As a leader in EMC regulatory compliance testing, Keystone Compliance assists electronic equipment manufacturers with EMC testing. Meeting the IEC, EN, and other EMC testing requirements can be challenging. Not only do we understand the challenges, but we help guide companies through the process.
Our proven process helps avoid product launch delays. We have a reputation for helping customers achieve their EMC product certifications. Our expert test engineers work with clients to quickly develop appropriate and concise test plans.
Keystone Compliance’s accurate test reports are delivered quickly using our “four-eyes” approach. Meaning that multiple engineers and technicians review each report, ensuring that all the information required is present.
Request a quote to see why we are one of the fastest-growing MIL-STD-461 testing labs in the country. Contact us to discuss your product and how we can assist you in achieving EN 60601 certifications.
EN 60601-2-1 Scope:
EN 60601 2 1 testing applies to the basic safety and essential performance of electron accelerators. Hereafter referred to as medical electronic equipment, in the range 1 MeV to 50 MeV, used for the treatment of patients.
EN 60601-2-1 applies to the manufacture and some installation aspects of electron accelerators:
- Intended for radiotherapy in human medical practice. Including those in which the selection and display of operating parameters can be controlled automatically by programmable electronic subsystems (PESS),
- That, under normal conditions and in normal use, deliver a radiation beam of X-radiation and/or electron radiation having:
- Nominal energy in the range 1 MeV to 50 MeV,
- Maximum absorbed dose rates between 0,001 Gy × s–1 and 1 Gy × s–1 at 1 m from
- The radiation source,
- Normal treatment distances (NTDs) between 0,5 m and 2 m from the radiation source, and
- Intended to be:
- For normal use. Operated under the authority of appropriately licensed or qualified persons by operators having the required skills for a particular medical application, for particular specified clinical purposes, e.g. stationary radiotherapy or moving beam radiotherapy,
- Maintained following the recommendations given in the instructions for use,
- Subject to regular quality assurance performance and calibration checks by a qualified person.
NOTE 1 In EN 60601-2-1 testing, all references to installation refer to installation in the responsible organization’s premises.
NOTE 2 In EN 60601-2-1, all references to absorbed dose refer to absorbed dose in water.
IEC 61271 gives guidance on the designation of medical electronic equipment movements. The marking of scales, their zero positions, and the direction of movement with increasing value are also mentioned.
Keystone Compliance assists manufacturers with IEC 60601-2-1 test compliance. Please contact us for more information on how Keystone Compliance can assist you with your EN 60601-2-1 test lab needs.