EN 55015 Testing
Limits and methods of Measurement of Radio Disturbance Characteristics of Electrical Lighting and Similar Equipment
EN 55015 Scope:
EN 55015 applies to the emission(radiated and conducted) of radiofrequency disturbances from:
- All lighting equipment with a primary function of generating and/or distributing light intended for illumination purposes, and intended either for connection to the low voltage electricity supply or for battery operation;
- The lighting part of multi-function equipment where one of the primary functions of this is illumination;
- Independent auxiliaries exclusively for use with lighting equipment; UV and IR radiation equipment;
- Neon advertising signs;
- Street/flood lighting intended for outdoor use;
- Transport lighting (installed in buses and trains).
Excluded from EN 55015 are;
- Lighting equipment operating in the ISM frequency bands (as defined in Resolution 63 (1979) of the ITU Radio Regulation);
- Lighting equipment for aircraft and airports;
- Apparatus for which the electromagnetic compatibility requirements in the radio-frequency range are explicitly formulated in other IEC or CISPR standards.
- Built-in lighting devices in other equipment, For example scale illumination or neon devices; photocopiers; slide projectors;
- Lighting equipment for road vehicles.
The frequency range covered in EN 55015 testing is 9 kHz to 400 GHz.
Multi-function equipment which is subjected simultaneously to different clauses of this standard and/or other standards shall meet the provisions of each clause/standard with the relevant functions in operation.
The limit of an EN 55015 test has been determined on a probabilistic basis to keep the suppression of disturbances within economically reasonable limits while still achieving an adequate level of radio protection and electromagnetic compatibility. In exceptional cases, additional provisions may be required.
Keystone Compliance assists manufacturers with EN 55015 test compliance. Please contact us for more information on how Keystone Compliance can assist you with identifying and fulfilling your EN 55015 test lab needs.