IEC 61010 Components, Assemblies, and Interlocks
Components, assemblies, and interlocks are used in accordance with their specified ratings and this IEC 61010 compliance program. As a leader in product safety regulatory compliance testing, Keystone Compliance assists electronic equipment manufacturers with product safety regulatory testing. Meeting the IEC 61010 compliance testing requirements can be challenging. Not only do we understand the challenges, but we help guide companies through the process.
Keystone Compliance works with clients to quickly develop appropriate and concise test plans. Additionally, we are in constant communication throughout the entire test process. Our proven process helps avoid product launch delays. Keystone’s IEC 61010 product safety testing engineers streamline the process and assist companies to achieve the compliance they require.
Request a quote to receive expert product safety IEC 61010 testing services tailored to your specific needs. Contact us to receive more information on IEC 61010 protection against hazardous material testing.
Summary of IEC 61010 Component Compliance
Unless specific exceptions are made, the IEC product safety equipment must conform to:
- Applicable safety requirements of these IEC standards. Compliance with other component standards is not generally needed. If necessary, components are subjected to tests of this standard. However, it is not necessary to carry out identical or equivalent tests already performed to check conformity with the component standard.
- The requirements of this standard and any additional safety requirements of the relevant IEC component standard. However, there are no additional requirements for motors and transformers which have passed applicable tests.
- If there is no relevant IEC standard test, then compliance to this standard is required.
- Applicable safety requirements of non-IEC standards which are at least as high as those of the relevant IEC standard.
A single fault condition is described as a condition in which all means for protection against a hazard us defective or one fault is present and can cause a hazard.
Scope of IEC 61010 Product Safety Test Section 14 and 15
Motors: Motors that are likely to present an electric shock, temperature, or fire hazard are protected by an overtemperature or thermal protection device. If an overspeeding series excitation motor can cause a hazard, it is connected directly to the devices driven by it.
Overtemperature Protection Devices: Overtemperature protection devices operate in single fault conditions. They must also meet the following criteria:
- Be constructed so that reliable function is ensured.
- Be rated to interrupt the maximum voltage and current of the circuit in which they are employed.
- Not operating in normal use.
Fuse Holders: If a fuse is meant to be replaced by an operator, the fuse holder can not allow hazardous live parts to be accessible during the replacement.
Mains Voltage: Devices are built so that a change from one voltage or type of supply to another cannot occur accidentally.
Mains Transformers: It is not uncommon for environmental conditions to affect the test results. If this is true, mains transformers tested outside the equipment are tested in the same existing conditions inside the equipment.
Wiring Boards: Printed wiring boards are to be made of materials with a flammability classification of V-1 or better. This requirement does not apply to printed wiring boards which contain only limited energy circuits.
Interlocks: Interlocks used to protect operators from hazards prevent operators from being exposed to a hazard before it is removed. IEC test method 61010 compliance is checked by inspection and performing all relevant tests of this standard.
Expert IEC 61010 Regulatory Conformance Testing Laboratory
Our team strives to give our customers more time and energy on product development instead of testing. In addition to IEC 61010-1 product safety compliance testing, Keystone has a full scope of expertise including immersion, wireless, EMC/EMI, and MIL-810 testing. Keystone has a full lab of test equipment which permits us to provide short lead times on scheduling.
For more information on IEC 61010 product safety compliance testing, please visit the links below: